Create the Search Request
1. Enter your search criteria in either the Search box in the page banner or within the search module. You can include:
- Words and phrases. This is a search against all application metadata and full text.
- Use of parentheses to return only exact results, for example, (Kimberly Bins).
2. Click the button in the Search box in the Search module or click the icon on the page banner.
Note: A set of facets based on the search results will be shown on the left side of the page. The list of matches is shown on the right.
Note: Your local ArkCase configuration will determine the column titles and the naming format of the search result.
Results Page Elements
Name –system-assigned name of the item that meets the search criteria.
Type – identifies each item, for example as a case or task, or as a file if the result is a system- generated .pdf document.
Title – system-assigned name of the item
Parent – complaint or case to which the task or document is associated.
Assignee – displays for complaints, cases, and tasks.
Modified – date on which the latest action occurred.
Narrow Search Results by Facets
Use one or more facets to narrow the number of results that display.
1. Perform an advanced search using either search box.
2. Select or clear the facet check box(es) to create a filter. The results will change as you make the selections.
Note: The facets available vary by the search results and by the previous filter. Each facet shows the number of results that correspond to that filter.
Collapse Facets, Sort, and Hide Columns
To collapse the facet list, click the collapse button above the Browse Panel above the heading. This will collapse the facet list to the left. To expand the list, select the button again.
Columns can be sorted in ascending and descending order. The sort option can also be removed to set the columns order back to default
To reorder the list of results, click the drop-down arrow in the column heading, and select a sort action. The list will sort in ascending or descending order of the selected column.
- You can also sort by clicking the column title bar to toggle through the sort options.
After sorting the list, you can continue to sort based on additional columns.
1. To sort on multiple columns, start by click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and sort your primary column.
2. Choose another column, click the drop-down arrow and sort that column.
Note: You can sort on as many additional columns as you would like. Columns will be displayed with the number of the order that you added additional columns.
To hide a column from the displayed results, click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and select .
Click the Export button to export the search results into an Excel file (default)
Exported Search Results
Hyperlink to Results
Within the search results, you can use hyperlinks to view specific content that you have found while searching.
In the search results, find an object (case, complaint, file, person, tasks, etc.). Select the blue hyperlinked name or title.
The content opens in the relevant module.
Within the search results, you can use hyperlinks to view files in their original, native fo
1. In the search results, locate the file to download.
2. Select the File name or title. The file downloads to your local drive.