Create the Search Request
1. Enter your search criteria in either the Search box in the page banner or within the search module. You can search for:
- Words and phrases – This is a like search against all application metadata and full text
- Use of AND
- Use of parentheses to return only exact results, for example (Budget Report – 2017)
2. Click the button in the Search box in the Search module or click the icon on the page banner.
Note: A set of facets (filters) based on the search results are displayed in the Browse Panel, while the search results display in the Detail Frame.
Note: Your local ArkCase FOIA configuration will determine the column titles and the naming format.
Name – the system-assigned name of the item that meets the search criteria.
Type – identifies each item, for example as a request or task, or as a file if the result is a system-generated .pdf document.
Title – created for new items, for example a new request; tasks generated by actions on requests display the system-generated title.
Parent – the request to which the task or document is associated.
Assignee – displays for requests and tasks.
Modified – the date on which the latest action occurred.
Narrow Search Results by Facets
Along with the search results, a set of corresponding facets displays in the Browse Panel. Facets are like filters. Use one or more facets to narrow the number of results that display.
1. Perform an advanced search using either search box.
2. Select or clear the facet check box(s) to create a filter. The results will change as you make the selections.
Note: The facets available vary by the search results and by the previous filter. Each facet shows the number of results that correspond to that filter.
To collapse the facet list, click the collapse button above the Browse Panel above the heading. To expand the list, select the button again.
You can sort columns in ascending and descending order.
Click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and select a sort action. The list will sort in ascending or descending order of the selected column.
Note: You can also sort by clicking the column title bar to toggle through the sort options.
After sorting the list, you can continue to sort based on additional columns.
To hide a column from the displayed results, click the drop-down arrow in the column heading and select .
Download Selected Files
Search results can be downloaded as a word document, PDF or an Excel file, depending on the type of search results.
1. Select the file(s) you would like to download..
2. Click on the button in the top right corner of the search results.
3. The file(s) download to your computer. If you have chosen multiple files, they are downloaded as a zip file.
Search results can be exported as a PDF or CSV file. Click the export format, then the file downloads automatically.
Hyperlink to Request
Within the search results, you can use hyperlinks to view specific content. Click the hyperlink for the content. The selected item opens in another window.
1. Within the search results, enter a user name.
2. Select the name from the results.
The person opens in the People module.
Within the search results, you can use hyperlinks to view specific Document Repositories.
1. In the search results, find a Document Repository and select the blue hyperlinked name or title.
2. The repository opens in the Documents or My Documents module.