Create a New Costsheet
You can create a new costsheet in ArkCase FOIA:
- From the New button next to the ArkCase FOIA logo in the top left of the webpage, or
- From the Cost Table on a Request, or
- From the New Costsheet button from within the Cost Tracking module.
From the Global New menu button
1. On the page banner, click New.
2. Select Costsheet.
From the Cost Table in the Request Module
1. Open a request, then choose the Cost section. The Cost table opens.
2. Click to open a new costsheet.
From the Cost Tracking Module
Select the Cost Tracking module, then click New Costsheet to populate a new Costsheet.
Complete the new Costsheet
Complete the new costsheet. Required fields are outlined in red.
- User – current user
- Status – costsheet status. Initially set to Draft.
- Type – parent object type (Request, Consultation, Task)
- Code – search and select a parent object
- Date – date the expense was incurred
- Title – type of expense
- Description – enter a text description
- Amount – enter the amount of the expense
- Details – expand to enter text details
- Approver – search and select an approver
Edit a Costsheet
From the cost tracking module, choose the costsheet, then click Edit Costsheet.
Or, from the Cost section of a request, click the icon located on the cost table.
The Costsheet opens.
1. Enter the changes. The Balance field recalculates when changes are made to the Amount column.
To add expenses to the form, click the button at the line you want to add the expense. A new entry line is created.
- Select and enter the information in the fields required to define the new expense.
- To remove an expense from the form, click the button.
2. Click Update.
Send a Costsheet for Approval
1. Expand and complete the Approver section for the Costsheet.
2. Click Send for Approval.
Note: If a submitted expense form requires changes or additional information, the approver can return it to the owner. You will receive a Rework Costsheet task that includes a copy of the expense form and describes the rework required. If your specific configuration doesn’t involve a Costsheet approval workflow, the Send for Approval button won’t be available.
Approve an Expense Form
When the owner sends an expense form for approval, the approver(s) selected on the form receives a Review Costsheet task. The task includes a due date for completion.
1. Open the task from your dashboard (My Tasks widget) or from the Tasks module.
2. Review the expense form.
- To only view the form, click the title (.PDF document) in the Documents Under Review section title bar. The expense form opens in a new window.
- To make changes, click Edit Costsheet on the Documents Under Review section title bar. The expense form opens in a new window. Click Save to retain updates to the expense form. Use Cancel to close without saving.
3. Make any updates to the task. For example:
- Add comments or descriptions in the Task Details or Notes.
- Associate files to the task. The Attachments (Documents) section is a Windows Explorer-like tree view structure in which you can upload files from your desktop and share drives, and create folders.
4. To approve the expense form, click the Approve Document button located in the Summary space of the task page.