Create a New Timesheet
You can create a new timesheet from the Global New button, or from the time table on a request, or by selecting the New Timesheet button from within the Time Tracking module.
From the Global New menu button:
On the page banner, click then choose Timesheet.
A blank expense form will open.
From the Time Table in the Request or Case module:
Expand the Time section of a request or case and click + on the time table header. A blank expense form will open.
From the Time Tracking module:
Open the Time Tracking module, then click New Timesheet. A blank expense form will open.
Complete the Timesheet
Note: Required fields are outlined in red.
Fill in the timesheet as needed. Click Save when done. The elements include:
- User – owner of the timesheet
- Status – initially set to Draft
- Period – choose week for time reporting. Defaults to current week.
- Type – select type from the drop-down menu
- Code – search for the related request
- Role – select role from the drop-down menu
- Days of the week – enter time for each day
- Details – expand to enter related information
- Approver – search for approver
- Save – creates the new form and applies updates to the form until it is sent for approval.
- Send for Approval – creates the new form and applies updates to the form until it is sent for approval.
1. Locate the timesheet through the time tracking module or the request. Click Edit Timesheet or select the edit icon.
The timesheet opens for editing.
2. To modify existing information, re-select or re-enter the update. The total hours and cost field recalculate when changes are made.
3. To add a separate charge type, click the button. A new entry line is created.
4. Select and enter the information in the fields required to define the new time. To remove a line from the form, click the button.
5. Click Update.
Send a Timesheet for Approval
Once you have completed all the required field in the Timesheet, click Send for Approval.
Note: If a submitted Timesheet requires a change or additional information, the approver returns it to the owner. As the owner, you receive a Rework Timesheet task that includes a copy of the Timesheet and describes the rework required.
Approve a Timesheet
When the owner sends a Timesheet for approval, the approver(s) selected on the form receives a Review Timesheet task. The task includes a due date for completion.
1. Open the task from your dashboard or from the Tasks module.
2. Review the Timesheet.
- To view the form, click the title (.PDF document) in the Documents Under Review section title bar. The Timesheet opens in a new window.
- To make changes, click Edit Timesheet on the Documents Under Review section title bar. The Timesheet opens in a new window. Click Save to retain updates to the expense form. Use Cancel to close without saving.
3. Make any updates to the task. For example:
- Add comments or descriptions in the Task Details or Notes (Use the Task Details space when you need rich text options such as formatting text and inserting links and a variety of file types.)
- Associate files to the task. The Attachments (Documents) section is a Windows Explorer-like tree view structure in which you can upload files from your desktop and share drives, and create folders.
4. To approve the Timesheet, click the Approve Timesheet button located in the Summary space of the task page.