In a post-WikiLeaks world, data privacy requests are growing as people worry about companies and agencies storing privately identifiable information (PII). Privacy laws such as the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) , and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) are posing numerous challenges to entities that store and manage PII. The freedom of information laws that enable citizens to request disclosure of information require governments and organizations to be open to the public, while adhering to these strict privacy laws. Companies and agencies who collect, process, and store PII are struggling to remain compliant with regulations and remain open to people’s requests to access their data quickly, easily, and cost-effectively.
Citizens can now ask a company to disclose and delete any PII that the company owns on the citizen. The challenge with data privacy requests is that companies and organizations will need to be able to quickly search through all their data, find all PII pertaining to a specific individual, and send the requested information to the requester. If the requester demands that this data be deleted, the company will need to have the capability to delete the data completely.
ArkCase offers organizations a data privacy management solution that will receive, process, and respond to requests from citizens for data disclosure, while following the strict legal frameworks dictated by GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, FOIA, and others.
With ArkCase Data Privacy Solutions, requesters submit a data disclosure request that can be managed, processed, and responded to all from a streamlined, user-friendly interface. Submission forms can be customized to your specific needs or your organization can use included standard forms. Request processing workflows are pre-programmed, but you can still customize them to meet your organization’s specific needs.
- Meeting compliance
- Actively avoiding breaches
- Timely reporting of breaches to avoid fines
- Managing data while protecting people’s rights
- Preserving your company data
- Preserving your company’s public image and reputation
- Automating data privacy management requests
- Timely reporting for senior management
- Agnostic data storage for integration with many different systems
- Auto-redaction of PII
- Bundling responses for immediate delivery based on the requester’s preference
- Routing requests quickly and efficiently through a queue review process
- Streamlining the collection of public requests from many channels
- Tailoring the process to your organization’s review and approval process
- Programmatic compliance reduces stress and possible fines
- Efficient management and response through software saves time and other resources
- Transparency preserves your reputation and corporate image
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Ease-of-use for staff through built-in workflows and request management
- Reduced stress and wasted time identifying the correct data
- Providing the correct information to the correct users in a timely fashion