The Document Repository Page
- Treeview of a Document Repository
- Navigating a Document Repository
- Adding Document Repository Content
The Document Repository module allows users the ability to create new repositories to store documents that are not related directly to cases or other objects in the system. This repository allows for organizing these documents so they can be collaborated, versioned, and used as a central repository of organization documentation.
Available Functionality in the Documents Repository module:
- One or many Document Repositories can be added to store different sets of documents.
- Each Document Repository has the following metadata tables by default: Details, Document Table, Participants Table, History, Tags, References, and Notes.
- Authorized users may view access/permission of the current Document Repository in the Participants Table.
- Users can create, edit, delete, version, and manage access/permissions for Document Repositories.
- Users can manage folders and documents within a repository: Create, Upload, Rename, Edit, Delete, etc.
- Document types and formats are not restricted.
- Users can create folders and sub-folders on the Document Repository.
- User can manage permissions at the document level.
- The system displays the most recent version of the document in the viewer by default. From the viewer, the user can open and view previous version(s) in the same viewer as separate tabs in the viewer.
- Users can search across all Document Repositories using Global Search. Users can narrow down the Global Search by Document Repository names in the system. (i.e. Facet = Document Repository Names; Values in Facet = HR, Policy, etc.)
ArkCase provides an intuitive mechanism to manage the documents associated with your business solution. You can locate and open the Document Repository module from the Navigation Frame.
1. To open the Documents module from anywhere in ArkCase, click the Documentstab in the Navigation Frame.
Note: By default, ArkCase selects the first documents on the list (list is in descending order, newest first), and opens in the Detail Frame all sections that you enabled on the Preferences page.
Document Repository Display
When opening a document repository, sections automatically display only if they are enabled in Document preferences. You can open disabled document sections from the links in the Navigation Icons Panel or the Expanded Treeview in the Browse Panel.
Note: The enabled sections that automatically display when you initially select the Document Repository are in read-only mode.
A summary (metadata) of the selected Document Repository appears as the first section of the detail.
Note: The summary gives a top-level overview of the Document Repository. The system assigns some information automatically depending on your local configuration.
Document Repository Actions
The actions you can take on a Document Repository depend on your local configuration and permissions. For example, a read-only permission may apply to Document Repositories to which you are not associated.
Use the Action Panel to:
- Delete a Document Repository.
- Restrict view and modification of a Document Repository.
- Subscribe to a Document Repository.
- Refresh the repository page.
Documents Repository Navigation Icons Panel
If the panel view is expanded, each section can be opened by clicking the associated link.
Note: The name of the section appears when hovering over each icon.
By default, the panel view is enabled. To change the default, open the Preferences page.
Document Repository Browse Panel
ArkCase displays a list of all Document Repositories that you are authorized to view or act on. The default order of the list is based off the date the repository was created. The Browse Panel makes available several ways to find and view repositories.