The different components are certified for Java 8, or compatible with Java 8 and Java 11.
- Alfresco CE 7 and Alfresco EE 6.2 is compatible with Java 8 or Java 11. The Alfresco installer installs Java 8 inside Alfresco’s own folder structure, so you do not need to install Java before installing Alfresco.
- Pentaho 8.3 is compatible with Java 8 or Java 11. You will need a Java 8 or Java 11 JDK to install Pentaho.
- Solr 4.8.1, 5.x, and 7.2.1 are compatible with Java 8 and Solr 7.7 is compatible with Java 11. You will need a Java 8 or Java 11 JDK to install Solr.
- Snowbound is compatible with Java 8 and Java 11/Tomcat 9.0.50. You will need a Java 8 or Java 11 JDK to install Snowbound
- ArkCase webapp requires Java 8.
Summary: Only Java 8 is required.
ArkCase allows the UI to be changed by developers and partners, without modifying the ArkCase services webapp or the ArkCase user interface webapp. For this to happen, the user interface is assembled at deployment time from the user interface webapp and from any user interface extension jar files. This assembly is done via the Node Package Manager (npm); so Node.js must be installed, and the command ‘npm’ (Linux) or ‘npm.cmd’ (Windows) must be on the system path.
The Angular build tools use Git to retrieve some Angular modules. The command ‘git’ must be in the system path of the user who will run the ArkCase Tomcat process.
In theory any operating system with Java 8 JDKs will run ArkCase. Documentum, Alfresco, Pentaho, and Oracle both have official supported platform lists. ArkCase is developed and tested on Windows 10, and CentOS 7.x.
CPU, RAM and Disk Space
Minimum requirement specs needed to run ArkCase:
- 2 CPU cores
- 16 GB RAM
- 50 GB disk space
The above numbers support typical development and test instances.
Production sizing is beyond the scope of this guide due to the differences in each production environment.
Oracle does not work correctly on hosts where the host name includes a dash.
The ArkCase services webapp does not work correctly on hosts where the host name includes a dash or underscore.